Carpet Graphic Designer
Job Description Education • Bachelor of Arts in one of the following disciplines preferred but not required. (Textile design as it applies to applied and decorative art, Graphics, Illustration, Fine Art – painting/drawing). Experience
• The suitable candidate should provide evidence of 3-5 years working experience in the machine woven carpet industry. Preferable but not essential.
• Experience with the carpet design concept, layout, space planning and seaming • Extensive knowledge in home décor and fashion-related trends • Detailed knowledge of premium carpet • Completed comprehensive carpet product and sales training
• Solid evidence should be seen in candidate’s portfolio of ability to draw, nondigitally, analytical drawing skills, (still life and figure drawing abilities in pencil and mixed media) Responsibilities • Candidate should demonstrate through their digital and physical portfolio a strong understanding and ability to use color.
• Handle carpet design assignments and prepared designs for production.
• Created new designs and enhanced existing designs, chosen color selections
. • Analyzed Fashion trends and new techniques.
• Developed innovative product solutions.
• Revised sampling and assisted sampling department.
Skills • Strong negotiating and influencing skills
• Ability to effectively listen and respond to client’s needs, and desires
• A strong command of the English language is required for this international position.